Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial auto insurance provides necessary coverage for businesses using vehicles in the course of everyday business. While many types of commercial vehicle insurance are optional, Pennsylvania laws require liability coverage.
Contact Dorsey & Associates serving Philadelphia and all of Pennsylvania, to get a personalized commercial auto insurance quote.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance is a contract between a company and an insurer that provides financial protection in the event of a covered accident or incident.
It’s crucial to tailor your company’s commercial auto insurance policy to meet the needs of your organization. Your agent can help you decide which policies may be appropriate for your situation.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
If you purchase the minimum liability coverage required by Pennsylvania, your policy may help cover certain third-party expenses.
- Bodily injury liability helps pay medical bills and rehabilitation expenses for the other driver and their passengers.
- Property damage liability helps pay to replace or repair third-party property such as a vehicle, landscaping or a building damaged in the accident.
Pennsylvania also requires medical benefits coverage. This policy helps pay medical bills for you and others covered by the auto policy, regardless of who caused the accident.
Businesses in Pennsylvania can choose to tailor their coverage by adding policies that provide financial protection for company property, including:
- Collision insurance helps pay to repair or replace a company vehicle if it collides with an object or another vehicle.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay to repair or replace a company vehicle if it is damaged in a non-collision related incident such as a fire, storm or vandalism.
Your lienholder requires full coverage auto insurance, including collision and comprehensive coverage, if you finance or lease vehicles.
Your agent may also recommend the following optional endorsements or policies:
- GAP coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage (UM)
- Underinsured motorist coverage (UIM)
- Hired or non-owned automobile coverage (HNOA)
- Towing coverage
- Rental reimbursement coverage
Why Do You Need Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
Any Pennsylvania business using vehicles to conduct company business must purchase liability insurance that meets the state’s minimum requirements for bodily injury and property damage limits.
In Pennsylvania, there are penalties for failing to carry auto insurance. Driving without insurance can result in a fine and suspension of the driver’s license and registration for 90 days. The vehicle may be impounded, triggering numerous fines and penalties.
Without commercial auto insurance, a business could face an expensive settlement or lawsuit that may include expenses for third-party property damage, medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages and other related costs. Your company’s commercial auto liability policy helps pay those costs after a covered accident.
Get commercial auto insurance tailored to meet the needs of your organization today. Contact Dorsey & Associates to start building your policy.